Code of Ethics
Upon acceptance to BNI, I agree to abide by the following Code of Ethics during the tenure of
my participation in the organization:
- I will provide the quality of services at the prices I have quoted
- I will be truthful with the members and their referrals
- I will build goodwill and trust among members and their referrals
- I will take responsibility for following up on the referrals I receive
- I will display a positive and supportive attitude
- I will live up to the ethical standards of my profession
Professional standards outlined in a formal code of conduct for any profession supersede the
above standards. This means that a Member belonging to a
profession that has a more stringent standard must adhere to that higher standard.
- Only one person from each professional classification, preferred practice or specialty,
is permitted to join a BNITM Chapter. Membership Committees of each Chapter have
final authority related to classification conflicts.
- Members must represent the business where they spend most of their time and
- The Chapter meetings last for 90 minutes. Members need to arrive on-time and stay
for the entire meeting.
- An individual Member cannot be a Member of a second BNITM Chapter, nor in any
other group that allows only one person per profession and whose primary purpose is
to create business opportunities for one another because it substantially reduces their
commitment to the Chapter Members.
- If a Member cannot attend a Chapter meeting, they may send a Substitute (not another
Member of the same Chapter) to the meeting. This will not count as an absence. Upon
the fourth absence within a rolling six-month period, the Member’s classification will be
opened by the Chapter’s Membership Committee.
- Members are expected to bring qualified Opportunities and/or Visitors to their Chapter.
Chapters may establish minimum standards to maintain membership.
- Visitors may attend up to two Chapter meetings.
- There are no leaves of absence except for medical leaves or military duty out of the
local area. Members may take up to eight weeks of qualifying leave with the
Membership Committee’s prior approval if their fees are pre-paid for that period and
they attempt to have someone fill in during their leave. Membership time is still
deducted during leave status.
- Members are responsible for filing a concern with the Membership Committee of their
Chapter if a Visitor submits an application that conflicts with their classification.This
must be done before the Visitor is approved for membership. If no concerns are filed,
the Membership Committee will “assume” Member consent.
- Members who wish to change their classification must submit a Request for
Classification Change form and get approval from the Chapter’s Membership
- Name change or category change will be considered a brand new membership
application and fee and will be subject to approval.
- Membership Committees may, with written approval from the Support Director
Consultant, terminate an individual’s membership with a Chapter for failure to comply
with the policies and/or the BNITM Code of Ethics.
- In the absence of a Membership Committee, the Leadership Team or Support Director
Consultant may act as an ad hoc Membership Committee until one is established.
- A Member must agree to the terms outlined in the Leadership Team Agreement in
order to hold a Leadership Team position and must go through training before
assuming such position, regardless of having attended a previous training.
- All BNITM Member lists are for the purpose of passing Opportunities and not for
soliciting (via e-mail, direct mail, or other means) Members or Support Director
Consultants without their prior approval. National Privacy Laws govern within each
- All New Members must complete the MSP within their first 90 days of their induction.
Only after completing the Member Success Program may the Member be added to the
speaker rotation for the Chapter. Any Members not completing the Member
Onboarding Program within the first 120 days after being inducted into the Chapter will
be subject to having their classification opened by the Membership Committee.
- BNI Meetings may be conducted offline or online via a virtual meeting platform
recognized by BNI.
- Additional meeting fees will be incurred towards meeting and chapter expenses where
applicable, please contact chapter secretary treasurer for details.
- Members may not use BNITM Intellectual Property (e.g. logos, trademarks, names,
slogans, copyrighted materials, etc.) to manufacture, distribute, sell, market or promote
any products or services, or otherwise use the BNITM Intellectual Property without
obtaining the prior written consent from BNI Global LLC.
- Policies are subject to change.
Terms and Certifications
By submitting this Application, you agree to receive communication from or relating to BNI,
and further agree that BNI may share your information and any other information and material
your provide with other BNI members, affiliates, vendors, and third parties in order to provide
All disputes arising out of/related to this Agreement or the Member's participation in BNI shall
be resolved by binding arbitration by a panel of three arbitrators, wherein each party shall
appoint one arbitrator and the two arbitrators so appointed shall appoint the third arbitrator, in
accordance with the laws of India. The arbitrations proceedings shall be conducted in
Bangalore and shall be as per the provisions of the Arbitration and conciliation Act of 1996.
The language of Arbitration shall be English and the cost of arbitration shall borne by the party
against whom ab award Is passed. The arbitration award made shall be final and binding on
the parties and the parties agree to be bound thereby and to act accordingly. The clause
encompasses any and all disputes involving BNI , its franchisee, and their officers , directors
and agents and representatives, as well as members , provided that the dispute pertain to the
membership or participation in BNI. The agreement shall be governed by and constructed in
accordance with the laws of Republic of India. In any case, for supervisory, injunctive relief or
relief of specific performance, this Agreement and any dispute arising out of this Agreement
shall be subject to jurisdiction of courts in city of Bangalore, Republic of India.
Limitations on Liability.
Notwithstanding any other provision of this Application, any liability to you involving BNI, its
franchisee, and their officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives for any cause
whatsoever arising out of or related to this Application and/or membership or participation in
BNI, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount of yearly
dues paid by you for the membership in BNI. Except in jurisdictions where such provisions are
restricted, in no event will there be any liability to you or any third person for any indirect,
consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages. No actions hereunder may
be commenced unless brought within one (1) year of accrual.
All term fees are measured from the application date. Applications dated between 1st and the
15th of the month shall begin their term on the 1st of that month. Applications dated after the
15th of the month shall begin their term on the 1st of the following month. Terms run for (1)year
from the date the term begins.
I hereby declare and certify that all statements contained in this Application and any
accompanying documents are true and correct, and that any
misrepresentation or false statement may be grounds for rejecting my Application or, if
discovered after my Application has been accepted, subject me to immediate
termination at franchisee’s or BNI’s discretion without any reimbursement. I further understand
that my membership is conditional, and I agree, accept, and will abide by all the terms and
conditions set forth herein and those contained within the BNI Member Policies, Guidelines,
and Code of Ethics. I acknowledge that a breach of these terms, conditions, and policies shall
be grounds to terminate my membership.
Personal Data jointly controlled by BNI Worldwide Development Ltd, BNI India Enterprises Pvt
Ltd. & your local BNI Franchisee & governed by GDPR & Privacy Shield. pp.bni.com
I understand and agree that UPON ACCEPTANCE, ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE